View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

It's been awhile since I last updated, I found it hard dripping alk in daily and keeping the parameters in check. I hooked up a jebao doser, it was simple to calibrate and input even tho there was a lot of button pushing. I've been testing my alk every 2-3 days to make sure I am dosing enough.

As of yesterday my results are...

Alk 6.8
Ca 410
Mg 1320

I have also been feeding my tank 4 times a day.... as I mentioned before my tank is on a reverse light cycle from 4pm till 5am it gives me time to achieve the amount of feeding I have set in place. At 430-5pm my tank gets nori, at 8-10pm pellets then before bed usually between 12-2 home made food which is rich in secret ingriedients like the papone mixture. If you notice that's only 3 feeding the last one is done during the day at around 12pm when the tank is asleep, sps and Lps have all feeders out I will feed the home made food with reef roids 3 times a week, the other days gets reef roids coral food and phyto gold s and zoo plankton, amino, koral kolor, iodion and brine. I believe this feeding regimen will achieve a healthy fish and coral base also help boost life in the rocks.

I have to test my nitrate and phosphate levels as it's been 3 weeks since I last tested which the results were very low.

I will also be adding a brightwells bio brick soon as I was originally going to do siporax but with the lack of space in my sump a couple bricks may be the best alternative.

I added a few berghia to take care of nusiance aptaisia which they have almost irradiated in less than 3 days.

I added a clam last week, while it's not as nice as the clams I have owned in the past clams are harder and harder to find these days, also they come with a hefty price tag so owning one is better than none.

My tank is currently full of frags as I've been busy collecting, I will be stopping soon I hope....😜

Here are some pics of my tank taken yesterday.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips