View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 10:02 PM

robbyville is on a distinguished road

Well firstly I would caution you on the carpet anemone. Many have had great success with them and many have not. Most usually you hear stories about how they eat any fish travelling by, plus they get big and can be hard to care for.

That being said, there are some great success stories with them as well, especially in a large tank such as yours (Beautiful by the way ).

Many oscelaris, including my own take to a common BTA. I have a pink tip which has split a few times. Very easy to care for, and once my clowns decided to host I was able to stop feeding the anemone with no problems. I now have the original and the clone, both getting quite large on opposite ends of the tank, although I am told that they can be kept together with no problems since one is a clone of the original. The clowns bounce from one to the other, they spawn underneath one of them but I imagine that is more due to the shape and smoothness of the rock.

My suggestion would be for a BTA since they are nice and easy. It took my clowns about 1 month to finally start to host. They originally hosted in another coral but they aggravated it so much that it started to die, I removed it prior to introducing the anemone and gave it to my old LFS.

HTH,

Rob