Thread: New to Calgary
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 04:02 AM

Chedi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replys- I definately appreciate it. I always find it interesting to see how different people have success using different methods.

Bob- I was wondering, is the naturally high level of Calcium Carbonate in the tap water the only reason you choose not to use an RO unit? Do you find that you don't have to dose calcium heavily on a regular basis?

On that note- what additives does everyone choose to use given your knowledge of our water chemistry?I have alot to learn in general, but even more so in this area given that I've only kept fish only systems in which additives such as calcium aren't an issue.

As for the LFS- thanks for the tips- I live in Kensington so I've spent most of my time at Wai's. I was originally looking for an aquaspace light and that was where I was able to find one.Definately pricey though :shock: Danny seems like a decent guy, though a little anxious to sell me livestock for a new tank- I suppose that's any LFS though.

Emily B, Jonathan- do you MO through JL in Vancouver? I got a lot of my livestock from them when I lived out there. All in all I found them to be a good LFS, but I have to admit that I feel a little uneasy buying livestock site unseen and then asking it to fly to Calgary.Am I just being paranoid?It sounds like you guys have had success.

Thanks,
Chris