View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:40 AM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
Long distance moves are very difficult. I did it 30 years ago when I moved from Vancouver to Penticton and moved it back 2 years later. Wasn't dealing with corals back then.

Basically I set up a new tank in Penticton, moved some of the rock and sand one week. Came back and moved all the fish the following week. Took down the old tank. Then re-set up the old tank in my new place, then transferred the fish, rock and dismantled the extra tank. You almost need a complete other setup to make this method work.

Not fun at all, I was young and foolish. The biggest problem is it is not just a fish tank you have to move but all your belongings as well. Way too stressful. If I had to do it again I might just sell everything alive and start again.
I'm really hoping to not start again. Especially since I'm getting some growth from the corals again. But I realize that starting over would probably be the easiest approach.

I have a 10 gallon tank I use as a quarantine that I could use as a temp thing, but that wouldn't be great for the tang...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk