View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input, your where I want to be. My other tank is already there.
Quote:
I read the long novel... great play by play!
Now I know what you’re going to say but I believe that natural balance is the recipe for a healthy reef. I don’t use gfo gac anything and now don’t even dose trace...
A healthy bio load where I control how the fish are fed, for awhile I had Lps heavy tank which required a lot of feeding and then wc to offset the nutrients. I can safely say that this summer I did no waterchanges, and a 20g end of season just to reset things. I don’t clean my frozen food in a strainer and feed pretty dirty when I feed pellets. More recently I have fed everyday and corals are colouring up a lot. A healthy fish load on an established tank with dirty feedings can benifit your reef, however you need a way for nutrient export so I believe my success is from the Xenia garden sucking up the nitrates and macro farm that is constantly thriving...

I believe you’ve seen my set up once before and remembered the real Chinatown of Richmond...lots of fish creates biodiversity, lots of feeding equals more food for corals and lastly algae farm leaves the display meticulously clean!

Good luck bro hope your tank is better.