View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwithareefer View Post
First off, thanks for your responses.

I am not sure about my nutrients. I have no algae growing on anything but the glass. I fi spray the rocks etc with a baster, very little, to nothing comes off off the item

If I have not change my husbandry methods and there is more algae now then i n then summer, does that not imply that the sunlight does play a factor. It does seem to make sense.

I feed mysis, brine and copepods in the am. I have 12 fish, about 24" total for 180 dt. The food is gone within 1 min. I have the apex feeder that dishes out about 20 pellets twice a day. once at 12 and again at 5. The pellets are gone within 30 seconds.

I either add phyto, fuel, coral frenzy, reefroids etc once a day and less than what is recommended.

I have a bubble king 180 skimmer that is never overworking in my limited expereince.

I have all my equipment in the basement. The sump and refugium have zero amount of algae on the glass.

I set up a reverse algae scubber in the hopes of removing the carbon. I can not get algae to grow, no matter how many different setups I try.

Does this not say I have no nutrient issue?

Still at a loss as to why LPS have died and acted funny, while everything else is flourishing.

I love this hobby, but sometimes a simple reason/solution would be nice

check for brown jelly

google it , this may be your issue

ps. it is good that your fish eat everything before it hits the ground however fish arnt the end of the process but a small tiny part