View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 AM

geweagle is on a distinguished road

Hello Golbaldesign
Yes I would say I pushed the time but not so much. I put the custodians in after 1 month. Put the first fish in a month later so 2 months. Waited few weeks to see how they did. Everything was Ok so I got more. The Chemistry was Ok except PO4 which was high and I started a program to get it down. Understood corals need low or its effects their ability to deposit Ca. Then the red grass algae started. Thought the whole time my problem when fish started to die was chemistry. When it was ICH.

"Started to lower the salinity in the display tank". Actually I only brought it down to where it had been which was on the low side. I understood it might slow the ICH until I got the hypo tank set up. That is what I am working on now. then I will transfer the fish once it is stable. But in the mieantime I am trying not to loose more fish. looking like one clown is now infected. Still healthy and eatting at this time.

So I ask you and others. If you were loosing fish would you not try to save them? only droped the salinity from 30 ppt to 28 ppt. Will it help? Maybe not but at least I tried. Hopefully I will have the hypo tanks setup in the next couple of days.

So yes I am taking it slowly. And I really want this to work because I love the fish, corals, and overall look. But it is a lot of work to get started. And I will never put fish in my display tank again with out a good quarantine.