View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 AM

AdamsB is on a distinguished road
Default Macro lens for iPhone.

I guessed eBay would be cheaper but I saw first hand the quality of these. I'm not fond of eBay Chinese quality for the most part.

So here's a few more pics I took today along with the lenses themselves. Using the stock iPhone app as the camera+ app I got keeps crashing.

Blastos with a Facebook photo filter to make the colours pop a bit more using 2x Zoom lens

No filter, using 2x zoom lens

No filter, 2x zoom

Blues turned up a little, shaky hand, yellow tang mouth.

The lenses. 3 lenses, the "wide" lens unscrews to produce the macro lens so 4 in total. Plastic covers. Magnet backs with metal circles and loops for carrying. The circles are supposed to stick to your phone but I found they didn't do that too we'll but the plastic clip works very well and is easy to maneuver.

Overall it's not a bad buy. Although I would try the Chinese models spit fire spoke of before these if I was to do it again. I'll probably use these more outside and get a decent camera for the aquarium. Given that I still can't have any major blues in the picture whereas a good camera could compensate for most of that, an iPhone just can't.