View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 PM

BigAl07 is on a distinguished road

No bad reviews here either.

The only "Crash" problems I've encountered during programming (had it for a few years now) are local network problems. If in the middle of programming your network loses connection or has a hiccup no device can account for that. Other than the few months we tested the software BETA 6.0 (which was withdrawn from testing last year) there have been few real problems. BETA 6.0 was pure BETA and not openly released so really that doesn't even count in this conversation

I'm logged into my ProfiLux right now from my office (PC at the moment but can do the same from my Droid Razr Maxx) and that's about as complicated as you can get trying to get all system working/talking together across the internet.

Re: Bad Reviews at RC - You've also got to take into account that some people can never be pleased no matter what you do. Check on some of the other forums where people are talking about ProfiLux and it's rave reviews.

ProfiLux isn't a "plug it and forget it" type of controller. It's designed to be so extremely flexible that it's mind boggling what it can do and this flexibility does bring with it some complexity. One caveat has been the manuals for the unit. They were originated in German and translated into "Engineer English". Several people are actively converting them into more "common" English and even producing Video How-To guides each day now. It just gets better and better to be a ProfiLux owner/user.

ProfiLux has a plethora of Customer Support including 2 dedicated support forums (one specifically for North America to give local support). I was just involved with a new ProfiLux customer who was installing a brand new set of Apollo LED lights. This combination was brand new and ProfiLux Customer service literally made specific videos on-demand to help the user be able to configure his Apollo LED to be controlled by ProfiLux.

I've been a happy ProfiLux user since 2008 or so.