View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 06:35 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Copperbased I'm not sure, if fresh water Ich treatments have any copper than I guess I have. Unless the saltwater itself draws things out from the silicone I can't see much of anything being left from over two years ago. I may be wrong and don't profess to be a know-it-all. A new tank would be nice but I allready have 55, 2x10 sitting in the garage, I don't think my wife would like to see the 77 next to them with a new replacement sitting in the house.

No sump at this point but I have been running another salt tank for the last year with no sump and tons of LPS, not 100% successful but what tank is. Probalby a HOB skimmer, Octupus or some other decent skimmer. Frankly sumps scare the crap out of me ( flood etc)...but so did a salt tank before I jumped in feet first so maybe down the road.

Not using the existing lighting but T5'S, some ecco rock, live rock from my other tank and some new live rock and away I go. I was never one to micro manage my tanks, I would drive myself and my wife crazy...