Thread: AndyL's 5.5
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 AM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

JDigital - brought this out of pm's so it's out there and transparent to everyone. Then there's no questions later on.

If it's a matter of colby doing the work - I'm more than happy to build the tank myself...

So, If I'm to tear down the 5.5g, remove and replace the sides n bottom (adding 3", in 1/4" of course), Laminate the ends together to create an adequate back, install a new front... Laminate the sides & cut to length to create the 3 baffles, Use the old bottom to create a eurobrace... Then we wouldn't be having this conversation right?

Rebuilt / built - take your pick, I can't go out and buy a AGA built out of 1/4" glass; and the factory 2mm will not last (Blew a seam on my AGA 2.5g last night test running a 1g surge; same construction same glass thickness); thus it doesn't meet my needs thus as the rules say, modding to meet my needs. Which is allowed, I have a picture of a 5.5g stock tank - My modding is going to start with replacing all the glass; not asking to have this for free - I'm happy to account for the costs... Name the terms; I don't see why I can't replace all the glass, but If I have to go with the previous paragraph, I can do that too...
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.

Last edited by AndyL; 10-16-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: stupid computer