View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Vendor

Bayside Corals is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insguy View Post
It depends on the location. I have crossed the boarder many times with coral, inverts and fish. Depending on the crossing they all want different things. I have not been asked for a cites certificate, it is only required when they suspect smuggling, CITES are for protected species. The most that they have asked for is a receipt, location harvested and the species. I have had suppliers out of Florida send me a NAFTA certificate of Origin.

From what I know there are three reasons why they would disallow your purchase. Those would be along the lines of smuggling, quarantine or improper paper work.

Understand that I have everything cross a boarder that is very small where things are more relaxed. I also cross frequently and know the boarder agents by first name.
You are very luck because it is a fact that you need a cites permit to bring any hard corals, live rock, seahorses etc. If you know the boarder guards buy first name and they let you bring it across, kudos for you. But that is not the norm.

Also corals are protected hence why you need the cities permit to bring them across the boarder.