View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 AM

coolhandgoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Are your lights out?

I was measuring 0.03 for phosphates when the lights were on. When I tested after my lights had been off for a couple of hours my phosphate was 0.26.

I'm assuming that as the cyano receded at night that it released the phosphates back into the water column.

I very conservatively dosed some Phosbuster Pro and changed my ROWAphos, and now the tank is measuring 0 at night (except for the 48 hours when I had my fluid reactors shut off for Chemiclean).

If it is cyano, you may need to treat the tank again. Did any of this stuff die when you used it? Did you turn your lights out?

When you did your 48 hour water change did you siphon all of the gunk out? I siphoned everything out with airline hose, and while it took forever, I got an amazing amount of garbage out of the tank with very good control. There was a lot more crap in my tank's sandbed than I realized.

I'm not sure if dinos are gram negative or not, so I don't know if Chemiclean would work on it.
Hmmm interesting....

I will check the phosphates first thing in the morning, I do notice it gets worse as the day goes on.
I siphoned out a lot of the gunk for sure. Also I had no sand bed in the tank when I did it.
I did not have the lights off for the treatment.

Thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate it. I'm really working hard to get my tank tip top this month.