View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

I feel your pain.. im dealing with the crap too in my RSM. Mine is my own fault tho. Ive been using a phosphate binder with awesome results in my big tank by doing a couple of drops daily directly into my filter socks. Well since i had a LITTLE patch of the brown bubbly in the Red Sea Max I decide to dose the RSM too.. so some drops directly into the tank for a couple of days then whoa! Now i have brown bubbly, green and red algea everywhere.. the sand bed is growing brown clumps!! I totally spaced that i have a POS skimmer, no sump and no filter socks to remove the phosphate binder. I think i have very successfully bound all my phosphate to my rock and sand

Ive done waterchanges 3 weeks in a row of 60%, blasted and basted rock, suctioned the sand and it isnt doing anything. Im on day 2 of a 3 day complete blackout. Im feeling pretty guilty of my fishes tho, so i think i will unwrap the tank tonight and feed the fish with just the available room light. Tomorrow the plan is to blast the tank and stir up as much crap as i can, do a 60% water change, set up my UV and run the diatom filter for a couple of days..If this doesnt help on to plan C.. which i dont have yet!