View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:57 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaGirl View Post
Having a hell of a time lately trying to figure out what is going on in my tank. I have had a costly loss of corals including: duncan, 2 trumpets, hammerhead, some mystery agro, yellow polyps, torch coral, brain and now my green palys appear to be next.

Water parameters have been off, nitrates and nitrites plus ammonia elevated. Been water changing like crazy and it does appear to be settling down.

Have some dynos and cyano. Fish are all ok and eating well. Yellow tang, rabbit fish, 2 wrasses, 2 clowns, blue cheek trigger and a file fish.

Tons of snail die off and lost my cleaner shrimp (had him for 3 years).

Had a huge infestation of aptasia and was treating with Kalk. Got all new lights in April. Lights are on timers, 12 hours blues, 11 hours whites. No sump. 75 gallons.

Just at a loss and sitting and waiting things out, I'm just seeing more and more die off. I'm starting to want out of the hobby. This has all happened pretty fast -- in the last 4 months probably so I'm pretty bummed about it.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Elevated ammonia and nitrites will cause the gills of the fish to burn and eventually the fish will suffocate. Continue with the daily water changes but please re-home the fish immediately