View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

So far VERY good! I am extremely happy with the controller and the support from the forum.

I had disconnection problem with the wifi but after updating the wifi firmware the problems are gone. The wifi was disconnecting and was not reconnecting on its own, so I had to unplug and replug it to make it resume. With the new firmware it works like a charm. I disconnected my router to test it and after loosing the connection the wifi now reconnect on its own, no need to have intervention with it.

That meens that if I am away on vacations, and the router temporary loose its connection and reconnect, then my wifi module will reconnect as soon as the router is back up. Much more reliable.

I can do anything I want with this controller. I can get alert via email if something is wrong and then act on it. For example, if my temperature is too high, I get an email alert (or I can check my parameters on my iphone as well) and then I can turn off my MH if needed and use only actinic.

It's real peace of mind.

When I want to turn on my feeding mode, I now use my iphone interface, no need to even go in my aquarium cabinet

I know nothing about programming and I managed to do everything I needed with a little help from the reef angel forum and Roberto is very helpfull as well.

I strongly recommand this controller, very very happy with it and the price is so right.

One thing I did not know is that each temperature probe is laser marked and the probe number 1 is going to be the one with the lower number I think, so no way to decide which is going to be number 1 or number 2, it will be determined by their laser inscribed number. No big deal but something to take note of if you want to install more than 1 probe.

For example, if you want to buy a 10 feet probe to be your probe number 1, there is no garantee it will be that way if you plug more than one since it is not the order they are plugged that determine the sequence.

I would have prefered that if you plug a probe in port 1 then it would be temp 1, but it does not work that way.

All the rest is wonderfull, and now that the wifi is reconnecting alone, it is a very reliable tool especially if going away on vacations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdz View Post
kind of an old thread but I was wondering if you had any updates?

so far so good?

Cheers