View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 07:27 PM

BMW Rider is on a distinguished road

I too have been going through this hassle. I've had Neptune tech support look at it, Telus has been back to look at it and have an open thread on the Neptune forum about it. I have the NAH20A router (access hub) and the Boost 2 wifi setup. So far I've tried just about every possible setting that I can in both the hub and wifi devices and the only thing that I've been able to make work is to activate the Guest Network on the wifi and log the Apex and only the Apex into that. I know this is a networking issue somehow, but cannot isolate what is causing it. I have nothing new on the network from before when there were no issues, so I don't think its another device, at least not directly. I get the same problem even using a wired connection direct to the hub.

There is also an option for a SmartHome network to be activated in the wifi and that can be just to 2.4 MHz only which many older or less bandwidth demanding smart devices run on like stereos, TVs, smart appliances and the like. I did try that for the Apex, but it still had the same issues. The only reason I can think of for it working on the guest network is because that is an encrypted signal that blocks it from seeing anything else on the network and vice versa. I did set up a reserved DHCP for the Apex in the hub to keep the same IP address for it - sort of like a static IP but allows the continued use of DHCP without having to manually configure a static IP.

If anyone comes up with a full solution, I'd like to hear it as well.

Ed
60 gallon winter tank for pond fish.
300 gallon pond with waterfall.

Last edited by BMW Rider; 11-08-2022 at 07:37 PM.