Thread: GoPro reviews
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 02:50 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthEaterBob View Post
Additionally, the OP has mentioned that he is actually a SHE and that she wants to pursue macro photography.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthEaterBob View Post
Edit: Oops, I might have misinterpreted OP's comment, my sincerest apologies if you're a dude and not a she!
Yup, for the record - totally a dude. but with a name like Dominique, that mistake happens a lot without face to face communication, lol.

So, firstly, I asked the question here and not a camera or scuba forum because I'm not active on any other sites, nor do I really wish to be. I've noticed we do have some guys and gals here that are into both diving and photography so I thought I'd ask here.

I did originally state that the greater majority of the usage will be done while diving and that macro photography is my focus (no pun intended ) but something that can integrate video would be cool. But like everything in life, I'm seeing there is no good 1 thing does everything fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
The OP stated he was considering a GoPro, so I assume he intends on shooting video and the occasional still.
Like stated above, probably the other way around. Having not seen or used a GoPro, I assumed it was both a camera and video camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Nice video! But shot with a $3,100 DSLR. Oh, and that's just the body. Tack on another $3,000 or so for the Ikelite housing and lenses and you are ready to dive! I think that may be little over the OP's budget.
Totally correct. I'm not going there. I already own an Olympus E-620 with a plethora of lenses, but the housing has always been hard to find (almost impossible to find now), cost $1000 US plus any extension rings for lenses, plus a tray, plus strobes, etc, etc, etc. Seeing how this or its accessories was no longer made or readily available, I thought of getting something more readily suitable for diving use with the added functionality of using it in other sports/activities I enjoy.

Last edited by daplatapus; 02-14-2015 at 02:52 PM.