View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Can you isolate your invertabrates from the tank. Also if you have bristle worms, bristle stars etc those will probably die from the medecine but not sure, and might pollute the tank.

What makes you think it,s flukes if the fish has some white patch on the fin? Does it breath fast? shake its head and scratch the gill on rock?

paraguard is a gentle treatment for fish and generaly will not harm your biofilter but read about it to be sure. My biofilter remained perfect and I did the treatment 3 weeks for my niger trigger popeye and the piece of liverock worked well for the biofiltration (no ammonia or nitrites).

It's your choice to use it in the main tank or not, but if you are sure that it is parasites like flukes and then probably the parasites are in the tank and the whole tank must be either treated or all the fish removed and treated.

I would go slowly and use half does in the fist day and check out the parameters.

It might be expensive to treat a large display tank though!

You cannot find white worms culture at the store. Must be bought from someone who has a culture and he's willing to sell you some. Generaly it is 15$ per a starter culture and well worth it. Within 30 days you would have enough to feed your finicky eaters.

Check in your area if you cannot find someone around who has some for sale. If not, it can be sent by express mail with a heat pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassz View Post
I have a FOWLR tank, no coral. There's a few hermit crabs, maybe, but that's it.

Now that the fish is already in the main tank, wouldn't I have to treat everyone?

My previous experiences quarantining were not good. I had to remove almost all the rocks to catch, and in one instance the stress was so much that he was dead by morning (and he hadn't even been THAT sick). The other QT fish also died, though not as quickly.

Where did you get the white worms? I don't recall seeing thme in fish stores.

Thanks for the tip on the medicine. I will look for it.

Last edited by daniella3d; 01-08-2011 at 05:02 PM.