View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 05:29 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

The biggest problem with Bayer Advanced insect killer is from what I know is it is not available in Canada. The active ingredient is "Imidacloprid". From what I know Imidacloprid is now banned in Canada. Kills bees.

I do know for a fact that Bayer Advanced is not registered for use for controlling AEFW nor registered for use for anything else in your reef tank. Using a registered pesticide for anything other then what is registered for use is prohibited.

It is readily available across the border in the US. However bringing it into Canada is not allowed. Bringing an un-registered pesticide across the border would result in the border guard confiscating it. If you don't let the border guard know you have it could result in consequences if you are caught. Basically smuggling a illegal pesticide into Canada. Not good.

I am not saying don't drive down to the US and pick it up and hide it in your trunk, what I am saying is you should do it knowing what you are doing and that you could get into trouble if you are caught by a border guard who is not having a good day (basically a dink).

Last edited by Frogger; 04-13-2017 at 05:31 AM.