View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:08 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

I would keep the paraguard. It does not even affect the biofilter. I always do a one month Paraguard with my new fish just to make sure they don't have any ick or other parasites.

Especially if you saw white spots there, I would keep using paraguard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallFry View Post
The Kole and the Coral Beauty had only been in there a week so I wondered about the parasites in th gills myself, but I thought that there'd be at least some white spots. That is why I went for the Paraguard and the freshwater dip with no results. It may well just have been too late by then.

I also wondered about the swim bladder too once he started going to the top of the tank all the time. At that point though he didn't seem to have too much trouble swimming normally, he just seemed to want to be at the top. As things got worse it looked more and more like swim bladder and he was just to tired to fight it... The breathing seemed to stay roughly the same - I've seen him breathe faster, usually in a frenzied attack on my hand..

I think the fact that he was in there with multiple other different fish was the root of it whatever it was that got him. I had to rearrange the rock several times to try and control his aggression. In hindsight being as territorial as he was this and the new fish probably stressed him out quite a lot. I guess I just didn't apreciate that until this happened - he was like the fish version of the terminator..

Should I keep running the paraguard for the duration of the quarantine of the other two or would that be bad for them?

Rob.