Thread: lastlight's 404
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
That will be quite the tank. Any ideas for the wall with the overflow box? How are you planning to hide it? Or are you even going to hide it? Ive got same style overflow box and dont like seeing glass edges or inside the overflow box. I was thinking a piece of black acrylic against that wall but i dunno anymore.
Yeah I hope it will be. I do have a history of not finishing haha. With my current tank I picked up some black acrylic from IPS here in town and siliconed it over. It blends perfectly with a painted black background and so far it scrapes clean as well as the glass with my Kent scraper. I will most likely be doing the same thing on this tank. It would be nice to have a removable black panel so I can peer in from the room but in my experience that black will not look the same as the back panel which has no air gap (painted right on) and also I really don't want to see in that box. The box will go there because I want my access tunnel to be obstacle free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ok. I've been having the interanl debate over this for my next tank, which may be plywood with a glass front. Figured the cost of one pane wouldn't be too much more.
The cost for front and side in starphire as quoted by Concept Aquariums was very reasonable but I think I'm forever a regular glass guy. I got extremely tempted though. I want to have this tank done not obsess over too many fancy details so that I never have budget to run it.