View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Ok soo interesting couple of days. First off I found out why one of my acro colonies was dying, and it wasnt me! It was a a**hole fuzzy crab eating it. Thanks to Terry and his usual close scrutiny off my tank he found the little bugger munching away. Soo down the drain that one went and guess what???The acro is staying alive now and starting to oddly regain some of its lost flesh!

No the fun part, I rednecked a couple of 24W t5HO Actinics into my system 5 days ago or so, which got me appreciating the idea of a new light system. Well I was checking and cleaning the MH last night and i noticed that the bulb was nearing its life's end. Soo went onto the trusty ol' Ebay there and ordered a new bulb for it...good deal too 18 bucks for a 15000K HQIbulb shipped. And then I saw a 6 bulb T5HO light hood that can fit my tank.....for REEEAAALLL cheap. Well that's it im buying that this weekend.

Well woke up this morning and noticed that only the T5's were on and not the MH.....hmm well I guess my MH light over heard me talking about new bulbs and new lights and decided to off itself.....

So, running only Actinics, seems to be fine for now, gotta wait forever fr new MH bulb and also wait forever for new 6 bulb fixture....AWESOME!

And oh yah I have a half dead acro on my hands too but it looks like its coming back...

Just thought you should know.