View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:05 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I'm on LB no. 3 now. The first one fell victim to a power head after about 4 months, my fault for not adequately protecting the intake. Number two went carpet surfing after 3 months or so. The current Homer is doing well since being introduced about 5 months ago. Looks like I may have passed the critical month of death stage for this guy.

All three were distinct personalities. First one was a good size when I got him and was missing a few cirrae on his head. He only grazed on the LR and took no other food. The second was slightly smaller than the first and a much livelier dude, maybe that's why he ended up being a jumper. He was a real omnivore and in addition to grazing the rock, he ate almost everything else that dropped into the tank around meal time. The current guy was very tiny when I got him and he did well to survive the initial couple of months since he was everyone's target, especially a Blue Devil Damsel. He's all grown up now and no longer takes any crap from the Damsel or anyone else, although he gives my Maroon Clown female and her BTA a wide berth. Like the first LB, he eats only what he finds on the LR, glass and any other equipment he can access.