View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
I have been wearing Gas Perm's since 1991 and they are great! They are tough and can survive a lot. My vision is pretty bad but it's relatively stable so I've only had to replace these bad boys 3 times in all those years. Chems for cleaning are also cheap...I use Boston Advance (cleaner and storage solution) and I only need about 3 bottles of each per year at about $8-10 each.

Removing them is easy and they breath a lot better than soft lenses. They are tiny (about half the size of softies).

I even dropped one of my in my hot tub one time (don't ask how) and it took me 2 hours to find it but scooped it up, rinsed it off and popped it back in my eye.

I will say that when something gets into them (like sand at the beach) you will think a 6" spike is going through your brain in pain...but otherwise I couldn't imagine going without them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Its not immunity, its just that they were so rigid you needed to develop a callous on the inside of your eyelid before the pain went away. I lasted about 5 minutes trying those out before going to regular.

Currently I use monthly disposables. My eyes leave protein deposits on the 2 year ones that just doesn't come off no matter what solution I use. I've been with the disposable ones for about 15 years now. I use the Air Optix ones, they're nice and thin. Love them but I'd like to get my eyes lasered and might look into that soon as I have astigmatism and the toric lenses never get the prescription quite right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byee View Post
When I wore the GP a few years ago, they provide less oxygen to your eyes causing them to be bloodshot. Not sure if it's still the same today.

They are clearer.

You can't rub your eyes when wearing GPs. They will easily move to the back of your eyes. Taking them off is different.

If you're able to wear them, GP's are overall better than the soft lenses.
Thanks for all the helpful information I will probably try to go extended soft lenses after reading these but in the end, I will see what the doc suggests are the best for my eyes.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob