View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

So basically the heater is a loaded pipe bomb, nice! You know that is definitely lawsuit material, especially with any kind of damage, even emotional.

It's interesting the company hasn't recalled them as I'm sure they are aware of the issue, my bet is they did a value analysis which proved the expense required for the recall is higher than the damages they may have to pay out as a result from the defective products. Although this is common practice it's also basically illegal. Any registered engineer or other professionals working on the project could loose their license and face jail time. Their is certainly danger towards human life here, if the instant before the heater exploded you noticed a strange sound and decided to pull out the heater to investigate it would certainly do some damage.

I would investigate some options if I were you, this kind of BS shouldn't just be shrugged off as "I should have known better", the manufacturer and designers should have known better. It's certainly not your responsibility to make sure such products are safe to use.

Last edited by sphelps; 02-11-2011 at 05:53 PM.