View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 05:36 AM

coralor is on a distinguished road

Ok, it's been a while. Time for an update.
The new 210 g has been running for a couple of months now. I wish I could say I've taken a lot of progressive pictures and carefully logged my progress, but the truth is it was pretty much a chaotic mix of trying to get too much done in too short a time frame as I felt rushed to get the tank set up before my knee replacement surgery.....which I can honestly say wasn't all that wise as all you more experienced reefers know and I'd been warned (About the rushing part that is)
To back up a bit, I finally went ahead and bought a dimmable 8 bulb ATI which I really like, and that's what I've had running on the new 210 g until now. I'd just started to get my Kessil 160's up -3 on either side when I realized that with all these lights, I really missed my old Maxspect Razor's ability to run the leds at only 1% blue and 0% white so at night time I would see the fluorescence and have what I thought of as "moonlight" (albeit fake moonlight, lol). The Kessil's only turn down in 5% increments and 5% blue is still way too bright to leave it like that all night like I used to with Razor setting.
I don't have the canopy made yet. Everything is hanging from a frame my hubby placed on the ceiling for now.
I've been googling "moonlight" led strip lighting (ie. Reefbrite) and also the Neptune Apex system, because the canopy has yet to be designed and there's still room and I do eventually want to hook up to an Apex perhaps, but to me it seems kinda crazy to spend that much more money for the first option and even more for the second because I'm not ready to buy the Apex yet. (Which you need for the second choice).
Im not "electrically" savvy but am considering a few diy fluorescent blue strips and wonder if anyone out there has any advice or better ideas? I realize I probably shouldn't be leaving even the 1% blue on all night but I really liked the effect as I'm often up at night and it's a really cool effect I'd come to enjoy.