Thread: Apex vs archon?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 04:44 PM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

I can't really comment on the DA controller, but I have owned an Apex and a Profilux.

The Apex is actually a bit of a pain to set up wirelessly. I would recommend just placing your router near your aquarium and connecting the apex to it with an ethernet cord. This has given me a reliable connection. I was never able to achieve that with the Profilux.

Apex Fusion has really made some features of the Apex very easily accessable/ you do not even need to read the instructions sometimes.

Neptune support is great. My cat recently decided to knock my display module off the wall, which broke it. Neptune fixed it for $30 and paid for return shipping.

The aspects of the Apex I like most is that they are sold at many LFS's in Canada, firmware updates are easy (don't even get me started on GHL with that aspect...), Neptune is constantly coming out with new gear (auto feeders, WAV, new modules for other brands etc), and so far it has been just as reliable as the Profilux (at half the price). I do wish Neptune would come out with a optical ATO though! On a side note, the DOS doser is awesome.