View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatreefguy View Post
Be a stickler all you want but they are a Canadian brand, and you would be supporting a Canadian company. There aren't too many Canadian companies in this hobby, and let's face it most companies source their parts from all over the world. Volkswagen sources parts from Mexico, Japan, and the US, but we still call it a German car!

Are you kidding me? I already own an SWC skimmer and think their great.

That is not the point. Did you even read my posts? If the body and pump is not made in Canada you can not say the skimmer is made in Canada. Period. Similar to saying VW is a German car, you can say SWC is a Canadian skimmer....made in china and Italy etc.

Ask a VW dealer or Honda or Toyota if the car is strictly made in Germany, Japan etc. and you will get your answer.

I take pride in buying items made in Canada....which is getting harder and harder to do. If SWC did manufacture the skimmer body in Canada I'm sure I would be supporting a Canadian economy a great deal more. I don't blame SWC for outsourcing to China....its the way the global markets are taking away manufacturing. I'm guilty as well for buying tons of cheap imported stuff. It's hard not to go for the value that is there.

On a side note China has become very good at artificially de-valuing it's currency to keep it cheap.

Last edited by reefermadness; 07-16-2010 at 02:56 PM.