View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth81 View Post
I wonder if anyone on here actually has any legal background and not just an opinion
I would suggest the problem here is that this is likely the first time in the history of ever that this has come up, so even a real estate lawyer wouldn't have a good answer.
To argue in court, I would present that the fridge is included in the house unless otherwise stated. As it was not stated, it in included. That does not, in the view of any reasonable person, presume that the food in said fridge is also included. This can easily be transferred to the argument at hand, and if it went to court, you're going to win just using that comparison. Particularly since your fish had names and were considered, at least to you and your family, to be family pets.

However, if you want a real set in stone answer, don't ask the internet, hire and ask a lawyer who can answer this based on precedence in the field.