View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 11:20 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Humidity removal

I know I have a messy setup but it works for me however on to why I am posting this.

One of the big issues of the hobby especially in larger tanks is the humidity can become a major issue. Early on I found out my plants love the moisture given off by my tank and ever since I started placing plants near my tank the humidity in my house rarely reaches higher than 55% and before I had plants near my tank I was closer to 75% humidity.

Now this won't work for everyone and I myself have very limited space (got to love 1970's utilitarian thinking when these homes were built) now these plants range in age from 2 years to 10 years old the end plants are 10 and 7 yrs old while the two middle plants are 2 yrs old. Part of my tank is in direct sunlight 70% of the time (yay algae buildup) and on the fire place side it is in permanent shade with indirect light.

I often forget to water my plants for weeks on end as the large amount of condensation my tank gives off keeps the leaves moist and everything green. The worst parts of the year is January and February when the temp drops to -35 to -40c and the humidity is lower and everything is colder.

So what ideas do you have to remove humidity that works for you?

Plants by Dean Soiland, on Flickr