View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Maybe my eyes adjusted cause I just checked my tank again and can't see any disco effect from the Mitras.
Maybe you are just one of the lucky ones who are not as suceptable to the disco effect. The Mitras do a good job of reducing it with a tighter array unlike the Radions. Mind you, even with Radions there are those who don't notice disco with them. And of course there is also the possibility that you would just simply get used to it :-)

It kind of reminds me if the early days of DLP Projectors. Are you familiar with those? They have a spinning colour wheel. The first and second gen DLP projectors had horribly slow spins on their colour wheel and some people noticed colour banding as a result. Not everyone noticed it but a lot of people did. Then they sped up the colour wheel and gradually reduced the effect. Fewer and fewer people could pick up the colour banding (ie rainbow effect). I have a 4th gen DLP projector in my home theatre with a 6x speed colour wheel and I can still occasionally see the rainbow effect but rarely any of my guests do.

Last edited by kien; 12-17-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Those? .. Not those!