View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:37 PM

hfp75 is on a distinguished road
Default Bad IO Reef Crystals.....

I made a small batch of water last night and did a swap...

All seemed well - went to watch some TV, then off to talk to the wife. When all of a sudden I'm getting emails and txts from the APEX - Ph problems.....

Went to take a look and it was climbing..... normally I'm an 8+ kinda guy/tank. I was in a short order up to 8.8 and rising. I let it go for a bit to see what was going on and the Xenia and mushrooms went crazzy. - I knew I needed a solution. Considering my salt to be a complete liability more changes isn't an option. So, I am using Muratic Acid to keep the Ph as close to 8.3 as is earthly possible....

Last night dropped it to 8 & went to bed, got up at 7 and found it at 9.14 ouch!!! Muriatic Acid - back down.

This Salt was from Big Als on the Boxing Day sale earlier this year. I haven't had any problems with IO Reef Crystals until now. I will be calling them at 10 am!! and IO as soon as they open! I'll let ya know how they handle this situation.....

So far, all the corals look unhappy - expecting a few deaths... & no carcases that I can see.... there might be some deaths in the rocks...

I'm not very happy.....