View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 04:10 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

To bigin answering all the questions. I am a bit of a zookeeper. As near as I can count I have 15 different kinds. My 20H is in the process of becoming mostly zoanthids. Actually zoanthids and a couple of M. digitata (the digitata is so I can play with the big boys )
The question on lighting becomes very complex. I usually have a 2X65W PC fixture on the tank containing one 10000K, and one actinic bulbs. I like that for overall color. I have recently started to toy with a 175W 10000K MH pendant over the tank. The zoanthids really seem to appreciate that much light. The tentacles reach for the light, and I expect they will spread quicker under that light.
The problem is that they show a wide range of colours under different lighting. Some show vibrant, but odd fluorescent colouring under actinic only light. I have found if one wants to see the true colour that sunlight is best.

As to pics, I have a bunch in the gallery, and some in the pictures forum under the heading "some of my zoanthids"

---------Homer Simpson--------