View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 11:00 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw
Yeah, keeping it within the ranges is good. The problem is when Calcium is overly higher than NSW as what I assumed Steve meant. I don't mean 420-450 range but more like something over 500. In that case, Alk would be overly low. Thus slowing coral growth I assume.
nope I was thinking anything over 400ppm, now how much difference will 400 to 420 make?? I don't know it may be a mm every 6 months. I try to keep mine under 400 and 380 is the target.

Let me explain something first, the Ca levels I am talking about are going to depend on your Salinity also.. there is a balance for salinity VS Ca. for example if your salinity is 1.027 then your Ca should be 415ppm for the balance, higher than this and you are in the zone of diminishing returns, if your salinity is 1.023 then you are probably looking at about 360ppm for a ballanced Ca level, so if you keep the tank at 1.025 then you might want to be aiming for about 390ppm Ca

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 03-27-2006 at 11:23 PM.