View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 04:15 PM

Mork is on a distinguished road

I thought it was time I post my tank journal up here, as I've been a long time lurker in the forums. This has been a great resource for me over the years and I though I would share some of my tank adventures.

I left England 13 years ago as work takes me around the globe. I had been a very keep planted tank enthusiast, but moving around mean that setting up a big tank was out of the question. In 2005 I was living in New Zealand, and saw a friends Marine tank. I decided then to set up a small 3.5 gallon Pico tank with a few corals he gave me.

We moved again and I ended up selling the Pico and setting up a 7.5 gallon Nano that was largely SPS

Then last year we moved to Vancouver, Canada (The wife's Canadian) and I upped the size to a 35 gallon tank that I drilled and added a sump to. This currently looks like this:

This is the first time I've had any 'technology' on a tank such as a skimmer, dosers, and a wavemaker. I've had this running for a year but took my time stocking it due to work being busy mid-year. Now I want to spent 2014 tuning in the parameters and finding a way of getting some good colouring into the corals. I know there's some great people on UR with a wealth of knowledge - I'm hoping with some help that I can get this tank into cracking shape.