View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Looking great! Just one note.. I noticed that you put the ballasts pretty close to the sump. I would highly recommend either covering the ballasts (with something breathable yet water resistant), or at a minimum placing a sheet of acrylic in between the sump and the electrical section. My concern would be whenever you remove the skimmer cup, there is a bit of jostling to get the cup off and if the cup was completely full, or you were in a hurry, or just happened to bump something you might accidentally tip the skimmer cup and poor water into the electrical section and possibly all over the ballasts! Even water splashing down from the skimmer cup as you removed it could splash water onto the ballasts, as they appear pretty close. Not good!

Another option would be to mount the ballasts a little further away. I believe they have screw holes on them so that you can screw them to something (if not you can get metal fasteners to mount them). You could screw them to the top of the cabinet/stand, or the far right side wall of the cabinet/stand, or screw them to the outside back/ or side of the cabinet/stand. The added advantage of screwing them or placing them outside the stand is they will keep cooler. It does get pretty hot and humid under the stand.

Anyway, just a suggestion.. better safe than sorry? :-)