View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

So guys, it has been a week and a half-ish since the sump started leaking. I have finally got every thing circulating again. I must say it has been a trail and tribulation week for me. So many late nights looking at the tank and thinking about shutting it down but I just couldn't do it.

Now everything is running again, I'll have to stablize the whole system. Last night when I check the parameters it was at a all time low.
Calcium 320
Alkalinity 5.2
Magnesium 1150

I also had to clean out my biopellet as the whole bacteria mass has died off. I washed the pellets then palced them into some ro water over night and reused it. I didn't think it was a big deal to reuse, seem like a waste to toss it but I could be wrong...

Anyways.... here is the fun part, New Sump.

The new sump is built by H2O in Victoria and let me tell you it is beefy. The measurement on it is 50X30X16.5 and it's made from 1/2 inch glass all around.

My wife was nice enough to pick it up for me. Props to Derek at H2O for helping her lift it into the rav. I had a few friends over to help me move this little beast into position but man she is heavy. I under estimated the width of my door and had a real pain in the butt time getting it through but we did it.

Here is a picture of Greg ZZ4 helping me cut off the old bulk head. Thanks man!

Here is the sump dry fitted.

Finally got her filled yesterday.

When I was filling the water we sprung a little leak out of the union by the reefflo and naturally its the other side of the ball valve. I was cursing like a sailor. It didn;t matter how hard I cranked that nut down it stil leaked. As I was getting the bat out I realize the friken ORING wasn't in there. FML, got my panties in a knot for no reason.

Lesson of the week: Patience (or forbearing) is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013

Last edited by Bblinks; 03-05-2013 at 09:46 PM.