View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

I have also used all of the above listed salts. The best i've found to mix and the happiest my tanks were, was with Fritz and Red Sea Blue Bucket. Red Sea also hits the parameters that i'm striving for right on the button.

AF - It's just ok, but I saw a noticeable decline in my tank after using it for a couple of months. Switched over to Red sea, and everything looked happy again. It also dosn't mix the best. Water stays cloudy for a while and the bucket lid rip[s your fingers to shreds.

Red Sea Blue Bucket - Mixes well, great parameters for LPS/SPS and now comes in a screw top bucket! (What I use Currently) - And Wai's in Calgary always has it, as well as other stores.

AV Salinity - Great bucket! But mixes poorly and burns your hands. The water also got crazy hot right after dumping in a large amount. Results in the tank were decent though. Corals seemed to like it. More on the expensive side.

Fritz - Crappy box, no bucket, can't ever find it in Calgary, but mixes awesome (crystal clear in seconds) and tank really seemed to like it. I used this on my old tank through 2 X 200 gallon boxes and corals seemed very happy.

IO and/or RC - Used this early in my reefing days and found the parameters to bounce all over the place, so I had to test them and adjust in my mixing barrels before adding it to the tank. The bucket lids also rip your fingers to shreds.

All in all, i'd say try out Red Sea Blue Bucket. Wai's in town always carries it.

They call it addiction for a reason...

Last edited by FishyFishy!; 05-07-2020 at 03:48 PM.