View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road
Default 6 month update.

Well its been just over 6 months. I have to say this has to be my slowest start to anything I have ever done. Its been worth it though. I let things just grow for about 4 months then picked a tailspot blenny and purple firefish whatcaneyedo was willing to part with and since it was the only time I could get them I took the opportunity. It sat like that for another 2 months pretty much empty since the tailspot kinda perches everywhere and the firefish hides all day. I just grabbed a couple frags from him a few days ago. Im pretty happy with the progress so far. Life has spread pretty well and is starting to look like something other then bleach white rock. I dont know what all the rumors of dry rock being laced with phosphates because I didnt really have an algae bloom to speak of really. Just the normal from overfeeding the system (purposly) I have a bunch of snails and clean up crew so just want to make sure everyones looked after. There sure are a lot of pods and critters roaming around with the lights off too. Really neat. I have an order from JL coming on wednesday with a bunch of fish and shrimp. Pretty stoked.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"