View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 PM

TheMikey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Great job man! Looks good. I did something very similar but I found for my application the wire rating wasn't big enough with the 9 pin so I went with a 20 pin aircraft connector and a 18/20 wire
If you're interested, have a look...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...light=jarduino
Wow - just went through that. I take a certain pride in my limited DIY skills, but I think that building a Jarduino from scratch is well beyond my capability. Very cool build. I'm lucky I just needed three channels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
This looks great! I love the detail on your DIY led build. I did DIY as well and haven't looked back.
Thanks - This build has ended up being more DIY than I had envisioned. Not that I'm complaining, as I think it's another aspect of the hobby to enjoy. But hindsight being 20/20, I'm not certain I would have went DIY on the LED.

My only reservation now is with respect to resale. Sure, I managed to save $200 on my light by doing it DIY, but realistically, I'm probably going to have a tough time reselling the unit down the road because it isn't AI, Ecotech, etc.

It shouldn't be an issue as I don't intend on upgrading at all in the future, but it's something I didn't consider initially.