View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 05:04 AM

coralor is on a distinguished road

I hadn't heard of the Reefbrite strips before and I certainly would have made use of those earlier because that's exactly what I had been looking for a while ago.
But here is what I'm thinking. I really like the Kessil 160's for their shimmering effect, plus the ability to adjust the white vs blue channels. I might be repeating myself, sorry, but right now I have 4 of them on my 42" L x 24" H x 24" W 105 gal peninsula tank. And I was hoping to keep them in use.
Maybe just to clarify a bit, I will explain my current setup a bit better. Its a bit of a long story, sorry...
I have a 27" Maxspect razor and a nano razor at its end down the middle of the tank. (Upgrading from my first tank which was only a 29 gal so needed longer coverage, lol
Then I added the Kessil's, 2 on each side of the Razor, but wasn't happy with the shadows and slow SPS growth. So I added a 36" Aquatic Life Marquis marine 2 x bulb T5 on both outsides of that. It kind of looks like a Frankensteinish lighting setup, but at least the coral's colors are fabulous now. Only problem is, I've never really been happy with the size of the tank and now that everything is growing so well I figure that before the tank's cabinet and hood are built, now is the time to upgrade to the bigger tank. I'm guessing its the same story as with other reef addicts
So.... I also have 3 kessils downstairs on my 48" frag tank of which I could use them all if I had to. (Two are the older model Kessil 150's that don't have controllers so I'd probably leave them out). (Plus there are 2 -48" x 2 bulb T5's on the Frag tank).
My ideal new tank will be 2" shorter as I have to wear shoulder length gloves now, and as long and wide as possible within the room constraints.
I'm doing my research before signing the "build it now" invoice because I'd like to eliminate some of the current hodge podge I have going on.
I really appreciate all your input. And time... I really do