View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I talked to a buddy at work who's into planted FW and getting into SW (I really need to get him onto here, so I'm not the only one putting canreef.com onto the firewall logs a million times per day), and anyhow, he told me his tank tests out at 8.3 before CO2 as well, and drops to around 7.5 when he runs CO2. He says now he's thinking of filtering through peat as well on account of that. I picked up some peat pellets yesterday and was thinking of running them in a phosban reactor in the sump (yeah I run a sumped FW tank .. I can't get out of the "this is how we do it in reef tanks" mentality when it comes to running my FW tank. Anyone else tempted to run 40x water turnover in their planted tanks????)

Sooo.. guess it's normal for tapwater to jump like this (well, "normal" for a data sample size of "2 whole tanks").. Weird, I wonder what's doing it, must be the accumulation of the salts after evap maybe..

Last edited by Delphinus; 04-30-2009 at 09:25 PM.