View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
what overall power % is the fixture at and what about the individual channels to be reading 200?

i ask because my tank seems to prefer (i think) my red channels both turned entirely off and the whites drastically reduced. i keep thinking about toying with the idea of adding some t5 but with an open top there's no way to make that look pleasing.
I'd have to go and look but I am pretty sure I am sitting around 70% total power output on high efficiency mode. The curves themselves are obviously variable throughout the day. I run some of every channel, but definitely on the low end (~25%-10%) for reds, warm whites, yellow. The cool white, blues, hyperviolet, etc all run up to around 80% at max.

I didn't add the T5's due to a lack of PAR, I added them for covering the shady areas the mitras seem to produce. I was just surprise at the actual increase in PAR and how the increase isn't linear in the tank. The lights are mounted at the front and back of the tank though, not through the middle like the mitras, so I suppose I should see a greater effect front and back.