View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 07:09 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Because my husband has given him a lot of business in the past. My husband called for advise and the guy said to bring the fish back for an exchange... I guess it depends whom you do business with. We didn't want to bring her back since that would probably stress her out even more and kill her. She is our pet and "yes" we paid good money for her, but still sometimes it is not about the money...

Hubby forgot to ask to see her eating, and now he knows better. It was a stressful lesson to learn, but it didn't end in failure this time.

The Naso is fine now and is eating nori with a vengence. Many fish are isolated with a few other fish in stores. Perhaps she was overwhelmed with my community tank and the boisterous eating. She kept to herself until I brought he new rabbitfish home. The two seem to hang out together and the Naso staring following the rabbitfish in eating patterns. She is still not eating pellets or food I put in, she will chase it but it seems she has to get the hang of catching food as it is floating around. Now she chases nori when it comes off of the clip, so it is just a matter of time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
I hope things turn around for you.

One question though. How does calling the LFS and complaining about a fish you bought that is not eating help?? I mean it is nice to get a fish that is eating before it leaves the store (that is why we like to see them eat before purchase) but it's not the stores fault if a fish refuses to eat once placed in your tank.

Of course this is just my opinion and maybe others see it differently.