View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 04:31 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmin View Post
Interesting. I gotta ask. If its not something the end user can apply then how would we make use of it. I can't see manufacturers wanting something that prolongs the life of their product. Just like the auto industry now. Everything has a lifesan then throw it away and buy new. When I started in the plumbing trade I remember pulling out 50+ year old water heaters. Now they last about 10 to 15 years.
It's not something that will really increase the life of a product unless a user is really letting their equipment get gunked up which causes wear and failures. I see this coating as decreasing the work needed for maintenance and also combatting the decreases in performance you may see as coralline algae grows and blocks things. But motors on pumps will still fail or impellers wear out or heaters electronics etc will still fail etc. The manufacturers will still be able to sell you replacement products. they will just sell you products that require less frequent cleaning. Or aquariums where you don't have to scrape coralline algae off your glass. That's the goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
damn those tank builders and their time taking

cant wait to see the end result
Yup Tyler. Had to harass them to get it done