View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 PM

Din Gior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
So Im considering getting a copper band butterfly fish for my tank. I have done lots of reading and from what I gather it is 50/50 if they are reef safe? Im mostly concerned about scollies and clams. I asked them to feed it at the lfs and it was munching mysis and looked healthy. Is this a good or bad idea? Feedback would be appreciated.
I do have copper band in my tank for over year now. He eats mysis only and doesn't touch any other frozen food. He does great job eating aptasia. As a side effects he ate all feather dusters and spaghetti worms, he also destroyed my acan collection and I think he killed elegance coral and couple of blastos. But now it looks like he stopped to eat corals, I have few acans in the same tank and looks like he doesn't touch them anymore. It still cool looking fish though.

It's just my experience and I think each fish has his own preferences and you can get non reef safe fish. I keep him only to control aptasia and if you don't have same problem I wouldn't recommend it.