View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Ok here is the one result i received.

Calcium chloride
Pharmaceutical grade

quote"

I have only been able to test the calcium mixture so far.

Mixing:
Used a 1 Gallon container
Poured in 2 cups of calcium chloride
Filled remainder of jug with ro/di just like the () mixture
Similar to () the calcium chloride fully dissolves and come out crystal clear with in a few minutes with no sediment.

Testing:
-Started with my mix of () calcium solution based on the recipe above.
-Mixed 1ml of Calcium Solution with 100 ml of ro/di to dilute for testing
-Tested with elos calcium test kit and came up with 450ppm
-Next tested your mix based on the same diluted solution and came up with 550ppm with the elos test kit

There is definitely some room for error here but to me it would appear that the grade of chemicals that your are bringing in would seem to be a more pure grade and I would be happy to purchase this chemical in the future.

I would probably come up with a slightly adjusted solution type recipe so that the ppm would match what you get from yours. Possibly 1 3/4 cups instead of two cups in a gallon jug. That way people could still use the () calculators on their site to adjust their levels.

I'll be getting the others mixed tomorrow as I don't currently have enough jugs to get everything mixed up. I'll send you messages as I am able to post.

"I found the mixing and clarity to be on par with chemicals and after testing with an elos test kit found that the concentration/purity of the solution was equal or better than the () product which would represent a higher purity/grade of chemical."

"Quote