View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Thanks adam!

There is a chance of human error as usual. However the way I plan on doing this, will be in stages, so that there is less changing of valves all in one sequence. Hopefully, If I follow my plan, things won't go bad! I hope to mix my salt container a few days before the water change, so hopefully that would eliminate a mishap when turning valves.

The only real chance of failure here is the chance that I leave the valve to the RO bin open when filling the sump. I do plan on having a cheap/small controller for my water change system to control perameters in the future, so maybe I could also do a float switch that turns the Mag24 off when the level in the sump reaches a certain level. It might be an idea with or without a controller. I do have an old JBJ ATO with dual float switches that actually might work great for this! I will put it to use.

I also have built (not shown yet) two 1/2" overflows on the brutes that lead directly to the floor drain just in case they boil over. This will help if the float switches in my RO unit fail.

Hopefully by doing the water change in a span of a couple days (in regards to mixing the salt water before hand) it will eliminate a few chances of valve turning errors.

They call it addiction for a reason...