View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 09:54 PM

joe pooh is on a distinguished road

had an orange spot goby jump out. found him dried up on the floor like fish jerky. got another, same thing. i told the guy at LFS and he said, yeah, they do that. i made a lid out of plexiglass. just cut around the pluming and skimmer. i have a blue dot (not to be confused with a blue spot)goby now. used the lid for a couple of months and then stopped using it. has not jumped out yet. perhaps he thinks it is still there. sometimes i think he threatens to jump. will swim near the top for a while or dart 3/4 of the way up and then stay.

stopped using the lid as i find it inconvenient when i do water changes, or pick up frags knocked down by fish. i also like to move my rocks around every so often.

*note about the ho'made plexiglass lid. the tank is 4'x1' i think, 130 gallons. the lid aside from the plumbing was also cut in half to rest on the part of the rim that goes down the middle. it started to sag. i did not think it was an issue, but i mention it because it looks ho'made. my light rests directly on top of it.